Financial Analyst Arnhem
Our client is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
They provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Our client is looking for a Financial Analyst for the Business Area Centre, to be located in Arnhem. The Financial Analyst supports the Global Controller in developing and maintaining the culture and reach corporate business goals through professional and consistent financial deliveries for the business area management level.
The Financial Analyst shall work with commercial teams and the Global Controller to help derive key insights about our customer portfolio. The Financial Analyst ensures the quality, timely compilation of client’s commercial information and data analysis including:
– Customer analysis (cost of acquisition, customer profitability, key account tracking)
– Analyzing and drawing conclusions from large volumes of information
– Supporting BA Energy towards digitalization, standardization of financial processes and reporting
To drive best value for the business area by working alongside the Global Controller, providing informed insight and reporting to thereby influence financial plans and the future direction of the organization.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
– Complete customer profitability calculations, project reviews (post calculation), customer tracking and trend analysis;
– Pairing of commercial and financial information to derive insights and draw conclusions;
– Become the ‘data expert’ with respect to large volumes of commercial information;
– Ensure cooperation and coordination with Regional Finance and Business Development teams;
– Prepare/consolidate and monitor segment and customer KPI reporting;
– Maintain, control and quality-assure reported figures for all use of reported figures;
– Interact with and support our global finance and sales teams with valuable insights
– Assure that the consolidated numbers are trustworthy, complete, and on time;
– Understand and report the financial and commercial performance of the business area, in close cooperation with the Global Controller;
– “Look forward” – work with key stakeholders within the business to improve upon and develop new insights and dashboards for commercial information;
– Ensure compliance against our Management System
– 1-3 years of accounting and/or finance experience, with a particular focus on commercial & financial analysis;
– A strong drive and willingness to take the initiative, with minimal direction, to see projects to completion
– Some experience of working for a multinational business, service industry business would be preferred;
– Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or Analytics would be preferred;
– Expert Excel skills are a must, as is comfort with working with large volumes of information to derive insights. Power BI and visualization skills are another strong plus
– Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude are a must
– An interest in the energy industry and the exciting changes that are taking place
Wat wij bieden
Our client offers the exciting opportunity to be a key part of the energy transition. They are the experts that support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Your future colleagues will be an international group of hard-working individuals who also love to share a laugh and celebrate success. Our client operates across the world and you’ll have the opportunity to interact with finance and commercial colleagues from every region, as well as our head office in Norway. This role reports to the Global Controller.